ADP National Employment Report: Private Sector Employment Decreased by 20,236,000 Jobs in April; the April NER Utilizes Data Through April 12 and Does Not Reflect the Full Impact of COVID-19 on the Overall Employment Situation
Broadly distributed to the public each month, free of charge, the ADP National Employment Report is produced by the
View the ADP National Employment Report Infographic at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
By Company Size
- Small businesses: -6,005,000
- 1-19 employees -3,361,000
- 20-49 employees -2,644,000
- Medium businesses: -5,269,000
- 50-499 employees -5,269,000
- Large businesses: -8,963,000
- 500-999 employees -1,342,000
- 1,000+ employees -7,621,000
- Goods-producing: -4,229,000
- Natural resources/mining -78,000
- Construction -2,477,000
- Manufacturing -1,674,000
- Service-providing: -16,007,000
- Trade/transportation/utilities -3,440,000
- Information -309,000
- Financial activities -216,000
- Professional/business services -1,167,000
- Professional/technical services -54,000
- Management of companies/enterprises 6,000
- Administrative/support services -1,120,000
- Education/health services -971,000
- Health care/social assistance -999,000
- Education 28,000
- Leisure/hospitality -8,607,000
- Other services -1,298,000
* Sum of components may not equal total, due to rounding.
- Franchise Employment**
- Franchise jobs -1,082,200
**Complete details on franchise employment can be found here.
"Job losses of this scale are unprecedented. The total number of job losses for the month of April alone was more than double the total jobs lost during the Great Recession," said Ahu Yildirmaz, co-head of the
The matched sample used to develop the ADP National Employment Report was derived from ADP payroll data, which represents 460,000
To obtain additional information about the ADP National Employment Report, including additional charts, supporting data and the schedule of future release dates, or to subscribe to the monthly email alerts and RSS feeds, please visit www.adpemploymentreport.com.
About the ADP National Employment Report®
The ADP National Employment Report® is a monthly measure of the change in total
The data for this report is collected for pay periods that can be interpolated to include the week of the 12th of each month, and processed with statistical methodologies similar to those used by the
For a description of the underlying data and the statistical model used to create this report, please see the ADP National Employment Report: Development Methodology.
The mission of the
About ADP (NASDAQ – ADP)
Designing better ways to work through cutting-edge products, premium services and exceptional experiences that enable people to reach their full potential. HR, Talent, Time Management, Benefits and Payroll. Informed by data and designed for people. Learn more at ADP.com
ADP, the ADP logo, and Always Designing for People, ADP National Employment Report, ADP Small Business Report, ADP National Franchise Report, and
Copyright © 2020 ADP, LLC. All rights reserved.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/adp-national-employment-report-private-sector-employment-decreased-by-20-236-000-jobs-in-april-the-april-ner-utilizes-data-through-april-12-and-does-not-reflect-the-full-impact-of-covid-19-on-the-overall-employment-situation-301053892.html
Joanna DiNizio, ADP, LLC, (973) 369-8167, firstname.lastname@example.org